Life can be difficult, but we are here to help! Here are eleven tips to help you study, learn and, overall, be better organized. We promise these hacks will change your world:
1. If you want to trick people who steal your pens, take a blue or black ink cartridge, put it in the body of a red pen and nobody will want it.
2. If you have to read something tedious or do homework you hate, put a small candy (M&Ms or gummy bears are good) on every page or at the end of every paragraph to incentivize you.
3. Worried about your phone ringing or making noise during class? Put it on airplane mode to ensure that it doesn’t make any noise.
4. Trying to study, but getting distracted by the internet? The free app “Self Control” allows you to block any websites you want for an amount of time you set, and you can’t disable it until the time runs out. https://selfcontrolapp.com/
5. If you want to proofread an essay, copy and paste it into Google Translate and have the computer program read your paper out loud. When you hear someone reading it aloud, you are more likely to catch mistakes.
6. If you want to up your studying game, cover one side of your flashcard with clear packing tape. Now, you can use it as a whiteboard and write on it over and over again!
7. Have trouble getting out of bed in the morning? If you put your alarm on the other side of the room, in the morning you’ll be forced to get up to turn it off.
8. Do you want to study to music, but classical music bores you and your favorite high energy music distracts you? Try using a classical version of your favorite songs. (The classical version of Thrift Shop is pretty bomb.)
9. Don’t want to lug around a huge bag? For class, ask teachers if you can keep a textbook or binder in their classroom. For home, take pictures of your class notes and textbook pages instead of carrying them. If you absolutely must take something home, put it in a folder and leave the whole binder in your locker.
10. Having trouble memorizing something? Make it the background of your phone and computer. If that doesn’t work, write it on Post Its and stick them all around your room.
11. The Student Store has these amazing mini sticky graphs, similar to Post Its. If you’re doing graphing in math or science, this will make your life 10000x easier.